Day trip to Lake Nakuru National Park, the lake is home of the Pink Flamingoes.
On the floor of the Great Rift Valley, surrounded by wooded and bushy grassland, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges. Lake Nakuru National Park is ideal for bird watching, hiking,picnic and game drives.
You are likely to see the following on your day trip to Lake Nakuru National Park
• Flamingo (Greater and Lesser) and other water birds including a variety of terrestrial birds numbering about 450 species in total.
• Mammals: 56 different species including white rhinos,waterbuck etc.
• View-points: Lion hill, Baboon cliff and Out of Africa
• Hills: Enasoit, Honeymoon, Lion hill ridge etc
• Waterfalls: Makalia.
• Unique vegetation: About 550 different plant species including the unique and biggest euphorbia forest in Africa, Picturesque landscape and yellow acacia woodlands.
• Cycle with rhino event every September yearly
Pick up from your Nairobi hotel or Airport in the morning at 06:15 hrs Depart Nairobi for Lake Nakuru National Park a drive of 3 hours to Nakuru. you will pass through The Great African Rift Valley escarpment view. you will lake Nakuru around 09:15 hrs then you enter with game drive On the floor of the Great Rift Valley, surrounded by wooded and bushy grassland, lies the beautiful Lake Nakuru National Park. Visitors can enjoy the wide ecological diversity and varied habitats that range from Lake Nakuru itself to the surrounding escarpment and picturesque ridges.
You will do game drive across the Pink Lake often referred so due to it’s Great masses of Flamingos but due to high level of water and climate change, only few flamingos can be spotted not forgetting the famous white Rhino and black rhino found in this park other animals found in the park.lunch at Sarova Lion Hill where you will have your lunch. After lunch short game drive until 15:30hrs. Leave Lake for Nairobi arriving late in the evening. Drop off at your respective hotel or Airport.