National Parks and Game Rules in our beutiful country, we are endowed with more than 50 national parks and Game Reserves, Kenya is without doubt the capital of African safari.
Below are the National Parks and Game Rules that are to be observed when visiting the country’s wildlife sanctuaries:
- Respect the privacy of the wildlife, this is their habitat.
- Beware of the animals, they are wild and can be unpredictable.
- Don’t crowd the animals or make sudden noises or movements.
- Don’t feed the animals, it upsets their diet and leads to human dependence.
- Keep quiet, noise disturbs the wildlife and may antagonize your fellow visitors.
- Stay in your vehicle at all times, except at designated picnic or walking areas.
- Keep below the maximum speed limit (40 kph/25 mph).
- Never drive off-road, this severely damages the habitat.
- When viewing wildlife keep to a minimum distance of 20 meters and pull to the side of the road so as to allow others to pass.
- Leave no litter and never leave fires unattended or discard burning objects.
- Respect the cultural heritage of Kenya, never take pictures of the local people or their habitat without asking their permission, respect the cultural traditions of Kenya and always dress with decorum.
- Stay over or leave before dusk, visitors must vacate the Park between 6.00 p.m. – 6.00 a.m. unless they are camping overnight. Night game driving is not allowed.
NB// National Parks and Game Rules are to be followed to the latter, as Incredible Kenya Adventures, we have taken initiative to go plastic free, we ditched the plastic bottled mineral water to reusable bottles in favor of the environment, let us go green together.